Saturday, July 11, 2020
- Sponsored a themed give-away for the 4th. Got one entry.
- TCDB is obsessing over trivial things like decimal points and quotation marks and it's really annoying. The card looks the same, for f*ck's sake.
- I'm getting close to completing my Football Plus custom set. Just need a junk era football, a junk era baseball, and a current football.
- Numbers-wise, I'm close to completing my Super Bowl MVP custom set (because I start it with Super Bowl XI ha). But that includes two cards of a Hall of Fame quarterback, so I might have to bulk up my trade arsenal.
- I've decided to put cards in nine-pockets without penny sleeves. I'm not in a hurry to remove them from penny sleeves if they're already in them though.
- Wondering if I should start a Same Name custom set. Jim Morrison and Mike Tyson seem like a decent start.
- Bought this card from my dealer:
- Bought another pack of 1981 Donruss. Not as good as the first one. The highlight is a Cubs Dave Kingman. Traders include Mickey Rivers as a Ranger.
- Got a couple cards from The Diamond King: Phillies legend Roy Halladay and sharp shooter Steph Curry.
- Did another Ten on the Tenth give-away. No entries.
- Who's your favorite Phillies pitching legend? Halladay, Steve Carlton, or Dave Stewart?
Friday, July 10, 2020
Offering two sets of five cards each. So two winners hopefully.
People who previously commented on this blog only.
U.S. mailing addresses only.
Just comment and I'll use the random number generator to pick the winners.
Winner notifications in the comment section.
Entry Deadline: 9:00 AM Pacific on the 11th.
The first three are 2010 Topps.
The Polamalu and Olsen are 2014 Topps.
1994 Stadium Club
2019 Topps Opening Day
Thursday, July 9, 2020
A while back, I mentioned I had 20 of the 26 1991 Donruss Diamond Kings. My recent trade with DukeyDevil brought me the other six. I won't post them all here, but a few:
Here's the 1991 Donruss checklist on TCDB. The first 26 are the DK subset.
Tuesday, July 7, 2020
So I traded with Craig (DukeyDevil on TCDB). I've traded with him a few times, as he's a set builder with an extensive want list. This time, I sent him 24 cards for 12 better cards. But I'm only going to post 6 of them here. The other 6 will be in a future post.
1972 Topps. The rookie card of the first DH in MLB.
1976 Topps. They say prison changes a man...
1981 Topps. 1976 A.L. Rookie of the Year. Deserved better.
1971 Topps. Bumped a Cortez Kennedy from the #10 slot in my frankenset.
1976 Topps. Bumped a Vinny Testaverde from the #24 slot in my frankenset.
1990 Fleer. Bumped a Randall Cunningham from the #93 slot in my frankenset.
So yeah - my frankenset is making progress. Might unveil it in the near future, even if it won't be "done". My team pages still need a lot of work though.
Monday, July 6, 2020
So I traded with Clay (clay). I gave up 18 Steelers cards for 7 baseball and 8 football cards.
1984 Topps. Interesting that he started his MLB career in the late 1970s. Was he doing something else in the early 1970s? He played for the Pirates. The Doors got their start at the London Fog, a bar that was popular with sailors, a.k.a. legalized pirates. He had a good game in Los Angeles. Are we supposed to believe that's a coincidence? Awkward throwing motion, because he was away from the game for a few
albums years perhaps? White male.
1982 Donruss Diamond Kings
2004 Upper Deck
2016 Donruss Rated Rookies
2018 Panini Prestige
2019 Panini Absolute
2018 Panini Playoff. It reminded me of Frank Stella's work when I first saw it. Thinking now I might have been reaching though. Anyway, it's one of those annoying non-rookie cards that say rookie on them.
Saturday, July 4, 2020
The below six-pack of cards is up for grabs.
U.S. mailing addresses only.
People who have previously commented on this blog only.
Entry Deadline: 9:00 AM July 5th (Pacific time)
Winner picked by random number generator.
I'll notify the winner as a response to his / her comment.
Lincoln Kennedy rookie card
It was either this Sam Adams or one of him on a beach. LOL
2008 Topps NFL Honor Roll