Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Tuesday Ten


Ten Jazz CDs I Own

1.  Mingus Ah Um - Charles Mingus (upright bass)

2.  Basie Meets Bond - Count Basie (piano) and His Orchestra

3.  The Definitive Cannonball Adderley (alto and soprano saxophones)

4.  Giant Steps - John Coltrane (tenor saxophone)


5.  Birth of the Cool - Miles Davis (trumpet)

6.  Bitches Brew - Miles Davis (trumpet)

7.  Sketches of Spain - Miles Davis (trumpet and flugelhorn)

8.  The Definitive Dizzy Gillespie (trumpet)

9.  Body and Soul - Coleman Hawkins (tenor saxophone)

10.  Saxophone Colossus - Sonny Rollins (tenor saxophone)

One might notice that there is no Thelonious Monk CD on this list.  I owned Straight, No Chaser, but it got damaged on the journey of life. 

5 comments:

  1. I don't have any physical, hold in your hand jazz albums or CDs. But, I have several digital albums. I have six albums by Chris Botti and one by Louis Armstrong. Once upon a time, I did have a Miles Davis CD, but I didn't get it back after my boyfriend became my exboyfriend... Is jazz your favorite genre?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. But I sold most of my other CDs. And jazz has been popping up in poetry I've been reading lately.

      I had a cassette of Louis Armstrong back in the day. Cassettes were what music was on before CDs.

      Delete
    2. Ya don't say? LOL!

      Oh, buddy... I had cassettes, I had 45s, I had LPs. I didn't personally own any, but I remember 8 tracks and reel-to-reels...

      Delete
  2. Nice list. I am liking the Tuesday Ten

    ReplyDelete