Sunday, May 24, 2020

Card Collecting 13: Incoming

So I traded with Chris (challgolfman on TCDB) and got this trio:

 

     

An Ainge for the multi-sport athlete collection I am NOT building.  Two Super Bowl MVPs for a collection I am building, though don't expect to finish for a long while.

I also received another batch of Free Friday cards from Brian of Highly Subjective and Completely Arbitrary:

2007 Topps #300 Vladimir Guerrero Front   2017 Topps Update - Topps Salute #USS-32 Josh Reddick Front

Vlad the Impaler needs no introduction.  I like me some defense.

1979-80 Topps #58 Bob Lanier Front   1979-80 Topps #5 Dave Cowens Front

Two of the best players in the 1970s.

1990-91 Score American #129 Steve Smith Front   1991-92 Score Canadian English #2 Al MacInnis Front 

A guy with a lengthy career and an interesting story.  A 12-time All-Star.

2018 Score #128 DeAndre Hopkins Front   2018 Score #168 Aaron Donald Front

1992 Score #516 Andre Waters Front

A couple current era stars and a fun card of a prominent Eagle.

So yeah - Brian hooked me up nicely.  I sent him some cards but I don't know if he'll want them or not. Maybe he can trade them or use them for a future Free Friday. 

2 comments:

  1. Solid bunch there from Brian, especially the Cowens and Lanier, neither of whom seem to get very much respect these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. They were effective but not the flashiest.

      Delete