Sunday, January 3, 2021

The Weekly Clean-Up

 


So I got some more cards from m'lady in Michigan.  Tried to give other people a chance, but still ended up with seven.     













-  When you owe Steve Rogers money, but then the Brewers purchase your contract. 

-  4 NL batting average titles, 3-time All=Star

-  18-time All-Star, 7 AL batting average titles

-  A couple Bash and Burn inserts.  

-  I like the Hellish background, though there's debate over how guilty he was.

-  This is an indigo parallel - SN 250.  

(first five images from TCDB, the last two from zeprock.com and ebay) 


I watched American Pastoral on YouTube.  Not the bomb I expected, but it could have been better.  More Connelly perhaps. 


Been slogging through The Rum Diary  (Hunter S. Thompson). 


https://acrackedbat.blogspot.com


4 comments:

  1. Never heard of American Pastoral... but I just watched the trailer and it looks interesting. Maybe I'll watch it sometime this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It got bad reviews apparently. Based on a Philip Roth novel, which I haven't read. So I can't say which is better.

      Delete
  2. Panini didn't do old Joe any favors with that background, that's brutal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alou is particularly grand with the glorious airbrushed cap. So glad you like!

    ReplyDelete