Saturday, July 2, 2022

The Clean-Up

 


-  I'm a bit miffed at how new releases keep getting pushed back.  A year or two ago, I could have understood it, but now?  Get it together, for eff's sake. 

-  That being said, a football set came out and my dealer didn't have it.  So I'm probably waiting for nothing.  Might have to shell out another $6 for a trip to Target to find that they don't have what I want either. 

-  Anyway, I sent a couple random Michael Jordan cards and a trio of 1985 Fleer Team Action to Jeff, in Illinois.  Received these:


 

     




















-  Nobody commented on my brilliant National Candy Month post - Wilt Chamberlain's 100-pint game in Hershey, Pennsylvania.  

-  I did, however, get 8 comments on my reader survey.

1.  All eight collect baseball cards.

2.  Three collect basketball cards.

3.  Five collect football cards.

4.  Two collect hockey cards.

8.  Collection highlight posts eked out a victory over card acquisition posts.  (I'm planning a series of posts that fit the highlights category.)

12.  A whopping six think we should keep the penny. 

15.  Brett Alan was in Singapore, and Jimetal7212 was in Australia when the Eagles blew out the Patriots in Super Bowl LII. 

18.  Six think Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame.  One of them thinks it should be posthumous and one thinks Joe Jackson should get in first.

20.  The most popular baseball card collecting era is vintage (1957 - 1979).  The Bob Walk era (1980 - 1993) finished a close second.           

The full survey is here:

The View from the Third Floor: Reader Survey (viewfrom3rdfloor.blogspot.com)      


4 comments:

  1. Dang, missed Wilt and Candy. My apologies. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting rid of the penny would be un-American.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Gary Anderson rookie card. Enjoyed the survey. And I did see the Wilt post, but didn't know what to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice cards. Not sure I should be surprised only 2 people collect hockey cards.

    ReplyDelete