Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Scoring from My Dealer

 


I bought a batch of cards from Cardbarrel.  

Mostly 1986 Donruss (26) and 1989 Fleer (31), because I like the designs, but they're junk era so they're cheap.

I also got a few cards for mini collections:  Cy Young, perfect game, MVP, same name, trivia answers, 42, and Topps Through the Years.

 





-  I now have 4 Blombergs.  Not going out of my way for him, but he's still cheap enough to be an add-on. 

-  I only have 3 Mendozas and I want more. 

-  I completed my 42 page.  5 pitchers though.  Meh.  

-  Phillies legend Dave Stewart on a different team. 

-  Looks like Winfield popped up.  Was it October?  

-  Rodgers is my 2022 Topps card.  Gold Glover and that other reason. 

5 comments:

  1. Forgot Stew was once a Phillie. I remember him with the Dodgers, Rangers, Blue Jays, and of course the A's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He pitched in 12 games for the Phils in late '85 - early '86. His last team before Oakland.

      Delete
  2. Get up in the morning, slaving for bread, sir,
    So that every mouth can be fed.
    Poor me, the Israelite. Aah.

    My wife and my kids, they are packed up and leave me.
    Darling, she said, I was yours to be seen.
    Poor me, the Israelite. Aah.

    Shirt them a-tear up, trousers are gone.
    I don't want to end up like Bonnie and Clyde.
    Poor me, the Israelite. Aah.

    ReplyDelete