Friday, July 23, 2021

My Collection at a Glance

Baseball

Oldest:  1954 Bowman













Most Valuable (according to TCDB)

     

-  1983 O-Pee-Chee

-  2018 Bowman


Most Popular Brands:  Topps and Donruss


Basketball

Oldest

     

-  1971-72 Topps 

-  1971-72 Topps


Most Valuable (according to TCDB)

   

-  1997-98 Topps

-  1972-73 Topps


Most Popular Brands:  Hoops and Topps


Football

Oldest

     

-  1958 Topps

-  1959 Topps


Most Valuable (according to TCDB)

   

-  1970 Topps

-  2018 Donruss


Most Popular Brands:  Topps and Pro Set


Hockey

Oldest












-  1971-72 O-Pee-Chee


Most Valuable (according to TCDB)

     

-  1972-73 O-Pee-Chee

-  1975-76 Topps


Most Popular Brands:  Upper Deck and Upper Deck Victory


13 comments:

  1. That’s actually a great concept for a post. I might rip you off there someday. :) Totally surprised on the value of that Gwynn (!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's wise to take TCDB pricing with a grain of salt.

      Though it is a rookie card of a Hall of Famer.

      Delete
  2. Proverb Jacobs is a truly epic name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't be surprised if a few other bloggers end up "borrowing" this idea from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. I borrow ideas form other bloggers all the time.

      Delete
  4. Your basketball "bests" are impressive, and the goalies at the end are great, too. I've never seen Proverb used as a person's name before, wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      A few of his ancestors had Biblical names, but they were more conventional - Abraham, Amos, etc.

      Delete
  5. I remember thinking I overpaid when I shelled out $5 for that Bowman Ohtani at a show a few years back. Looks like a steal now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I could get half of what TCDB thinks my collection is worth, I'd be set for life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool stuff. I love the Duncan RC, but I'd take that 1972-73 Jabbar over it all day long!

    ReplyDelete