Saturday, December 16, 2023

Random Binder Page

Let's try a new series.  

I'll open a frankenset binder to a random page, then show the cards.

This is 109 - 117 in my baseball frankenset.





-  Maye also had a singing career in the 1950s.  M for Milwaukee. 

-  Tyson is a same name favorite.  I have another card of him as a shortstop. 

-  Gwynn with the Ray Kroc tribute on his sleeve.

-  Beane was a longtime GM of the cash-strapped A's and the subject of the book and film Moneyball.

-  We close out the page with Pettis somehow looking at the card he's on.                

9 comments:

  1. Did not know that about Lee Maye, pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have an album (well, in mp3 form) of Maye's recordings and he was really good. If you like early rock and roll they're well worth checking out. They say he might have become a music star if he had more time to devote to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't go wrong with a page that bears two Braves :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was an idea I had for the upcoming year too. I guess I'll have to think of something else now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw a 69T Maye sitting in a quarter bin yesterday. I paused and looked at it, because I was wondering if it was Lee May misspelled. Was familiar with this one... but the fact about him being a singer will help me remember.

    Love that Gwynn with him waiting on deck. I've actually considered using him as a future wallet card.

    ReplyDelete