Saturday, April 8, 2017

A to Z Challenge: Bookish Thoughts: F


F Is for Film

A common debate is: Which is better - the book or the film based on the book? Sometimes, the film is clearly better: The Trial, for example.  Sometimes, the film makers ruin it: The Running Man, for example.  Other times, the book is good but excessively lengthy; it's easier to sit through a longish film (or a mini-series or a trilogy) than slosh through several hundred pages that really should have been edited.  Anyway, here be recs for book / film pairings:


8508581
9492488
1148173
484531

4 comments:

  1. I loved the Misery movie and book. I’ve read The Collector but didn’t know there was a movie.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The director of The Collector, William Wyler, turned down The Sound of Music to direct it.

      Delete
  2. The Collector is a book I still remember and wish I could forget not because it wasn't good but it unnerved me. I am not sure I want to see that film with Samantha Eggar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is probably enough. Unless you're a cynic and need to wallow.

      Delete