Tuesday, April 3, 2018

A to Z Challenge: C


Aired:  2007 - 2012 (five seasons)
Vague Description:  A computer geek inadvertently becomes involved in espionage.
Starred:  Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski.
Why Watch:  Its odd mix of espionage and silliness. Strahovski.
Honorable Mention:  Jordana Brewster's guest appearances.





Aired:  1982 - 1993 (eleven seasons)
Vague Description:  The staff and patrons of a Boston bar.
Starred:  Ted Danson, George Wendt.
Why Watch:  I'm trying to avoid the obvious with these shows, but it really was about the writing and the acting.  The casting was spot-on. 





Aired: 1984 - 1992 (eight seasons)
Vague Description:  A black family in New York City.
Starred:  Bill Cosby, Phylicia Rashad, Malcolm-Jamal Warner.
Why Watch:  It was a show about black people that recognized the importance of the noun.

Dissenting Opinion:  In light of recent news, the fun might be gone.


7 comments:

  1. The first show sounds like fun although I never saw it. I love Cheers which is brilliant and i watched some of the Cosby Show but once it became big, I felt so did Cosby's head and I felt that the whole show became smarmy. I never bought his humble me act and i always thought his treatment of Lisa Bonet was cutthroat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cosby show was on fire for the first few seasons. It probably hung around a couple seasons too long though.

      Delete
  2. I remember watching both Cheers and The Cosby Show as a kid. I've seen a few reruns of each in recent years (before the Cosby fallout). I do miss the simplicity of shows like these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I guess I was a lot younger when I watched these shows. (sigh)

      Delete
  3. You're right, Cheers writers were right on. I watched the show religiously. I liked the Cosby Show, too. Vanessa was my favorite character. I doubt I'd watch it again, if given the choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember Vanessa as the even keel, common sense child. But yeah - the show's legacy has been tarnished.

      Delete