Monday, September 21, 2020

Cardbarrel Order









So I got 46 cards in this batch.  Let's gaze upon some highlights.

-  Six for my names collection.

-  Fisher was a popular singer in the 1950s, with four #1 singles.  He was married to Debbie Reynolds and Elizabeth Taylor, though not simultaneously.  Father of Carrie Fisher.  

-  Horton was a convicted murderer who took advantage of a weekend furlough program in Massachusetts to commit more crimes, including rape.  The case got national attention during Governor Michael Dukakis's Presidential run in 1988. 

-  1974 Topps Cedeno for my Base Stealers project.

-  1978 Topps Winfield.  Not sure why.



-  19 of these 1993 Leaf cards.  

-  The Stone Mountain Confederate Memorial  is featured on the backs of Braves cards.  Not sure how I feel about that.  

   

-  Filled 17 slots in my Topps Through the Years project.  

-  2012: Ichiro catching an invisible ball. 

-  2015: Abreu Future Star


Anyway, I don't know what's up, but it's really a pain to get things on the page where I want them lately.  It's not like I'm doing anything differently.  But it's a free blog service, so I can only complain so much.  If I start blogging less frequently, this might be why though. 


3 comments:

  1. My favorite Ichiro card ever! Although I tend to focus on acquiring the many parallels, but the base is still nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. I can see how a binder page with different color borders on each would look nice. The rainbow, as the kids call it.

      Delete
  2. New Blogger and image positioning is arrrrrrrrrrghhhhhh.

    ReplyDelete