Saturday, September 26, 2020

The Weekly Clean-Up











-  So another trade on TCDB:  I sent a dozen football cards to Joshua (jrberus) and received a trio of hockey cards.












-  Obviously, the Hextall is the best card here.  But Lemieux and the Soft One are both Hall of Famers. 




-  Figured it was time for a Sayers, with his passing.  Had two on hold at my dealer's, but he decided to charge a death tax on the preferred one.  So I got the other one, even though the centering is off.

-  This seems like a good time to remind people that card pics on this blog are from TCDB.  

-  Collecting Cutch is talking about breast cancer awareness and giving out prizes.  

https://collectingcutch.blogspot.com/2020/09/3d-or-ddd-another-save-second-base.html



4 comments:

  1. Nice hockey cards! I think I may be in the minority, but I always liked those Penguins uniforms with the yellow helmets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best card I gave up was probably a J.J. Watt Topps rookie card. But it's a ho card and I had two. So I'm happy with the trade.

      Yellow works fine in small doses. But I don't like it as the main jersey color or the main pants color. Those Pittsburgh Pirates all-yellows were lame.

      Delete
  2. I've always liked that Stache-free Schmidt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He shared his rookie card, so this is his first one by himself.

      "82 Fleer has a couple cards of him with a beard.

      Delete