Saturday, October 31, 2020

The Weekly Clean-Up

 


-  So I watched some baseball for the first time in a while.  Watched most of the post-season games that were on Fox or TBS actually.  I noticed that teams shift against pull hitting a lot more than they used to.  On the broadcasting side, there's now an annoying habit of showing other people during a plate appearance.  Dug-out, bullpen, whatever - let's see how many different players we can look at while only two matter.  At first I thought this was a TBS problem, but then I noticed Fox doing it too.  I hate it.   

-  So I received some free cards from Jeff (Wax Pack Wonders).      
 

Eight Scherzers and two Arenados.  

Nolan with the bat (four Silver Sluggers) and the glove (seven Gold Gloves).  

Scherzer pitching (three Cy Young Awards).

Scherzer smiling at the Swedish ambassador's daughter.  #Washington

Scherzer finishing second in the NL in ERA to a Dodger.  

See what Jeff did there?  Same team, but three different uniforms.  

Wax Pack Wonders:

https://waxpackwonders.blogspot.com

-  Happy Halloween!  


-  My last plug of Save Second Base.  Check out the women, comment on the posts, and so forth.  (I've volunteered for Race for the Cure the last several years, but I might be limited to donating this year.  I guess I'll see what November is like.)    

https://collectingcutch.blogspot.com


-  Then Sean Connery died, and Plenty O'Toole isn't happy.



7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ha. That was Lana Wood's character's name in Diamonds Are Forever, which is the movie the pic is from.

      She introduced with "I'm Plenty." Bond / Sean Connery had a snarky response, but I don't remember what it was.

      Delete
  2. I've been learning so many new actresses and models names lately. It's a shame that my short term memory sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Losing Connery was a tough loss this week to Hollywood. Great actor

    ReplyDelete