Friday, June 19, 2020

Card Collecting 24: Random Thoughts

-  So I realized recently that I only need six more 1991 Donruss Diamond Kings cards for the complete set.  Have a proposal on the table on TCDB and am awaiting a response. 

-  I've been keeping cards in penny sleeves when I put them in nine-pockets.  Not sure if I should.  But if I take them out, I still won't be sure.  Ha.  

-  Certain bloggers have category want lists up but they don't make it easy to send them cards.  Not a big deal, but annoying enough for a random thoughts post. 

-  Took a look through my modest hockey collection.  Those All-Star game uniforms are effing lame.  Yet, they're the same color scheme as the Flyers, the best-looking team in the history of the sport.  Weird.   

-  Now let's look at a random video:

 

5 comments:

  1. Random thoughts are good. On thought #3, I have want lists, but I have no idea what would make it easier for people. What kind of suggestions do you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's just that I noticed a couple people collect categories that are easy to identify, but I couldn't find their mailing addresses anywhere to send them cards. I suppose I can ask if I get enough saved to make it worth it.

      Delete
    2. With all of the bots that scour Blogger, it would be very unwise to publicly post ones address. This is why most folks post their email address, that way you can contact them, although there are a few who don't, and that can be a tad annoying.

      Delete
  2. This would make a great series! And how would you suggest fixing the blogger lists to make it easier?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just that certain people post want lists or talk about types of cards they want, but they don't post their addresses so people can send them the cards. I guess I can ask, but I'd prefer to just send the cards when I get enough. This might be more of a me problem than a general issue. Ha.

      Delete