It's been a while since I've done one of these.
- Cards on Cards sponsored a College Bowl Pick 'Em contest and generously awarded prizes to the top three. So, of course I finished fourth. Definitely feel robbed, as I was on the wrong side of both the Music City Bowl b.s. and the Corral injury. All my wins were 30-point blow-outs.
Cards on Cards
- Cooperstown added some people. David Ortiz got in from the modern side and I would have voted against him. Curt Schilling should be in, but media hacks don't like his political views.
- Canton added some people. Seems like an underwhelming class to me. Art McNally as a contributor or whatever and Richard Seymour are the guys I would have voted for. I like Eagles legend Dick Vermeil, but one ring seems good not elite. Tony Boselli was a stud, but he didn't play very long.
- With the mask mandate ending, I was hoping to make a trip to Target and a card shop. But the mandate is still in place for another month on public transit. :(
- Been playing Wordle. Getting the word in 4 or 5 guesses usually. So, average I guess. Not doing as well in Worldle. But I'm American, so I'm supposed to suck at geography. :)
- When I finish this roll of Scotch tape, I'll look for the blue kind if I remember it. Apparently, it's the people's choice.
- Signed up for a card draft that Diamond King is sponsoring. Hope the other drafters don't know about the recent price surge on ho cards and fake autos.
The Diamond King
- Was rooting for the Bengals in the Super Bowl. Seemed a bit odd that the refs started calling a tighter game when the Rams were threatening for the game-winning score. But I won a dollar because the guy from the deli gave me 4 1/2 points. We bet big.
- I didn't watch the halftime show. Dre, Snoop, and Eminem seem tremendously overrated and kind of sketchy too. Blige is somebody I keep thinking about giving more of a listen to, but I never get around to it. If it had been her and LL Cool J, I would have watched.
- Fuji and the Diamond King won my Super Bowl pool. Their PWEs went out on Tuesday.
- Jessie Diggins and Lindsey Jacobellis. #WinterOlympics