Friday, June 3, 2022

The Clean-Up

 


-  Followed somebody then had to unfollow him a couple weeks later because he's a group breaker. 

-  Did some volunteering for the March of Dimes.

-  Decided to expand my frankensets.  So more binder cards and less box cards.  

-  The madre's coming down in July.  Always a mystery what she brings cards-wise, but hopefully she'll get them all down here before one of us dies. 

-  Got home the other day and cops were talking to a neighbor in the hall.  

-  My House district was the only one in the state to get eliminated.  Ha.  It just means I'll have to put up with a different Democrat though.

-  The squirrels are out of control. 

-  A young lady broke the glass on the fire extinguisher next to my door so she could use it to break my next-door neighbor's door down, because according to her she lives there but she lost her key.

-  Another trade flurry on TCDB:

Sent deadhead11 6 Saints cards and got 6 early 1990s football cards in return:

  


Sent 27 cards to cory79 and got 9 better ones in return.

Sent buck1buck 5 football RCs and a baseball RC.  Got 7 football cards and a basketball card in return.


13 comments:

  1. Sounds like you live in an interesting place. Good of you to volunteer for the MoD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great neighborhood. Hope Mom beings some winners. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. Thanks. I actually got a few Tigers recently in blasters, but they were mainstream sets so I figured you would have them already.

      Delete
  3. Frankenstein are good. Are all group breakers bad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's bad for the hobby. But I only avoid following the sponsors, not all the participants.

      Delete
  4. Very cool of you to volunteer. That's something I need to do more often. Then again... I feel like I'm drowning right now... so free time is an issue.

    I used to enjoy watching the squirrels run up trees across the street. They've never really bothered me before. But I guess I could picture scenarios where I'd be terrified by them.

    P.S. I know I owe you some PWE's. I'll make it happen this summer for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just that the squirrel population in Balboa Park has exploded recently.

      Nah. You don't owe me anything.

      Delete
  5. Squirrels are evil. I have stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of my neighbor (years ago in a different place) who called the cops because someone was tied up in the back of my car. Needless to say the car was empty. She had a lot of mental problems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mike Singletary had a lot of cool cards.

    ReplyDelete