Thursday, September 26, 2024

Scoring from My Dealer

 


Got a haircut Tuesday then went across the street to Commie Town for a soda.  Looks like they've gone in a different direction with their card offerings.   Gone was the special roped-off section full of blasters and such.  Instead, I was directed to a check-out lane that had a couple depleted shelves of who knows what.  The one thing they did have in stock that was remotely interesting was 2023-2024 Hoops Haunted Hoops.  120 cards for $22 plus tax.  

Anyway, let's see some highlights:

  




-  Cobwebs in the upper left and lower right.  Shadowy (?) background.  Jack-o-lantern on the back.  Orange and slime (purple* and green) parallels are the two most common and I got several of each.  Thin stock was giving me Pro Set football flash-backs but I got used to it after a bit.  No dupes in the 120 but I pulled 3 or 4 players' base and a parallel both.  Towns and Lillard are a couple of them, which isn't so bad.              

-  Yes, that's a Wembanyama RC.  Probably doesn't matter though, with it being such an obscure set.   

-  I think it turned out to be a decent purchase.


*Yes, it's purple in real life.  Don't know why it shows up as blue in cyber land.  

1 comment: