Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Around the World in Thirty Days: I


I Is for Italy

Location:  Southern Europe
Capitol:  Rome
Largest City:  Rome

Italy in Film:  The American, Nine, Romeo and Juliet, Bicycle Thieves, Malena,
8 1/2, La Strada, La Dolce Vita, Tea with Mussolini

Places: 
Colosseum - Rome
Ponte Vechio - Florence
Grand Canal - Venice


People: 
Christopher Columbus
Leonardo da Vinci
Federico Fellini
Galileo Galilei
Julius Caesar
Michelangelo
Monica Bellucci
Luciano Pavarotti
Sophia Loren

One more for the road: 
Ferrari




7 comments:

  1. Italy is one of the countries that I want to visit, mostly because I want to eat the food. This post needs more pictures of food. :)

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't encourage you to break your diet. So get your hopes down, young lady.

      Maybe I should post pics of people running 5Ks. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Can't you write an article about it and count it as a tax write-off?

      Delete
  3. Italy in on my travel wish list... pretty high up there, I might add.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so lucky to say I have been to Venice which is beautiful and can't wait to go back. My aunt lives in Brixen/Bressonone in Northern Italy in the Dolomites. It's just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you go shopping and ask the store keeper if he was the Merchant of Venice?

      Delete