Monday, April 29, 2024

My Five Best Pack Hits

 


This is a blog bat-around that Matty K started.  Ironically, since it's just relics and serial numbered cards (not rookie cards), there won't be any baseball.  Anyway ...

Honorable Mention:  Kurt Warner (Arizona Cardinals) 

2016 Donruss Pro Bowl Kings relic card

5.  John Randle (Minnesota Vikings) 

2019 Score Defenders Jerseys relic card






  





4.  Bruce Smith (Buffalo Bills) 

2019 Score Defenders Jerseys relic card











3.  Tom Brady (New England Patriots) 

2008 Topps Gold (SN2008)











I don't get it, but the prices shown on TCDB are high by my standards. 

2.  Emmitt Smith (Dallas Cowboys) 

2019 Panini Black Friday Hyperplaid relic card (SN5)

I dealt this in an 8 for 7 trade that landed me a 1970 Roberto Clemente.











1.  Adrian Peterson (Minnesota Vikings)

2008 Topps All-Pro In the Name relic card (SN1)

I traded it for the following:

Len Dawson - 2000 Upper Deck Legends autographed card

John Mackey - 2007 Donruss Classics Significant Signatures Gold autographed card (SN100)











Ozzie Newsome - 1999 SP Signature autographed card 











Warren Moon - 2018 Donruss Changing Stripes Jerseys double relic card (Oilers relic on the front, Vikings relic on the back) (SN99)


You may laugh at the Red Sox' Fenway struggles here:

Diamond Jesters (diamond-jesters.blogspot.com)

8 comments:

  1. Bruuuuuce! Gotta vote for one of my favorite Bills players here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm voting for Brady. I'm a huge fan of the 2008 Topps design. There must be a strong demand for his Topps base card parallels, because I actually asked a dealer about this card and was blown away by his asking price ($100). This was at a card show late last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I don't get it. It's SN2008, but that's not very rare by SN standards.
      I might put out a feeler or two on TCDB to see what kind of return I can get.
      Thanks for the info.

      Delete
    2. Do you not like selling? I think you'd get a better return for selling the Brady than you would by trading it.

      Delete