Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The Miracle of Small Things: A Review

  The Miracle of Small Things


I enjoyed this. The novel-in-stories format and Castillo-Oriard's writing style made it easy to progress through the book. The blurbs about Curacao were a nice touch, without detracting from the main narrative. I took a break from my usual routine to read the last 30 or so pages, which I suppose speaks for itself.

If there's a drawback, it's that it could have been a bit longer. If the characters had been portrayed more deeply, the reader might feel more connected to them.

I look forward to the author's next offering.

Note: To convert Celsius to Fahrenheit - multiply by 9, divide by 5, and add 32. 


Rating: 4 of 5 stars.

(originally posted on Goodreads, in September 2015)  

No comments:

Post a Comment