Saturday, May 5, 2018

Personal Info Dump


So the madre visited on the 18th with her daughter's munchkins. I played Blackjack with them so they could win some foreign coins. And I gave them candy.  I remember when the madre would drag me places so I tried to make it worth it for them.

Earth Fair was the 22nd.  I got Britt a tomato plant (free from House of Israel) and a rainbow pin.  Snagged a free Avengers poster for her co-worker. Bought a couple used books from the library book sale.  Loaded up on info materials. Bought a Wonder Woman apron for Britt. Scored a free t-shirt from the public transit people.
I wish there would be more attention paid to population control, but whatever.  Plenty of stuff on vegetarianism and recycling and such.

The 26th was Dining Out for Life, so I had an unusually big breakfast - four sides, an Arnold Palmer, and an iced tea. 

On the 27th I finally got around to using my prizes from a contest.  Took the trolley to a haircut place for my free haircut, but they wanted my phone number just to get a haircut. So I left.  Then later I went to McGregor's for Happy Hour and used my gift certificate there. A much better experience than the haircut place.  Had potato skins and wine and watched the draft. 

The 29th and 30th was Art Walk.  Bought a mini painting, a bundle of note cards, and two Dia del Muerte candles. A lot of cool art I couldn't afford.  Some good people watching.             

Somewhere in there I watched Atlantic City and wasn't impressed.  Not a bad film, but I was led to expect awesomeness.


Watched Miss Sloane and wasn't impressed by that one either, but my expectations were lower.  I might review it for Film Friday.


Note:  I'll try to do these on weekends, when people are off having fun.  Probably more negative stuff in future posts. But one can see the title and just skip it.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you’ve been busy. My haircut place also asks for my phone number. I don’t understand why. They have no reason to call me because I only get haircuts during walk-in hours.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's weird, regarding the phone number. I've experienced situations like that before, too, just not very often. When I do, I give them my old landline number.

    ReplyDelete