Friday, May 11, 2018

Book Review: For Those Who Know the Ending



Note: I received a promotional ARC through the First Reads program.

It's a bit of a page-turner.  Once I was able to focus on this book exclusively, I was able to read much more than my usual. Mackay knows how to keep the plot moving.  His characters have a realness to them - not super villains but guys trying to make enough money to pay the bills. Enough closure with the ending, while still allowing the reader things to ponder afterwards.

I liked how Mackay gave us the perspective of a variety of characters.  He also showed us a bit of the primary characters' personal lives without bogging down the plot.  I wonder why some of these people are involved in the underworld; there doesn't seem to be a family tradition like the Mafia.  It would have been nice to get a glimpse at how certain characters spend their time between jobs.  But I enjoyed this one.

Rating:  Four stars on a five-star scale.   

2 comments:

  1. I haven’t heard of this book, but I’m glad you liked it. The cover is very attention-grabbing.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just came out. The author's Scottish. The book takes place in Glasgow.

      Delete