Friday, May 25, 2018

Film Friday: Full Metal Jacket



Vague Description:  Marine recruit goes through boot camp, then comes under fire in the Vietnam War.
Stars: Mathew Modine, Lee Ermey, Adam Baldwin, Vincent D'Onofrio
Why Watch:  Ermey's a scene stealer.  The film does a good job of showing why we lost.
Dissenting Opinion:  I don't buy Gny. Sgt. Hartman's (Ermey's) behavior in his final scene. Platoon did a better job of connecting me to the characters.  Apocalypse Now did a better job of portraying the utter f*ck-up the war was.
Rating:  3 1/2 stars of a possible 5     

2 comments:

  1. I remember seeing this in the theatre and was stunned by some of the violence especially when they were in boot camp. I need to revisit this movie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I think some of that stuff isn't allowed anymore.

      Delete