Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Cardbarrel Order

I've been slacking on my acquisition posts.

Let's look at a few from a recent 34-card haul.

 

    

-  Three guys for my Gold Glove project.

-  Uncle Jim. 

     

-  The wife swappers.

       

-  My oldest Molitor was 1981 Donruss.  The others I have of him are all overproduction era.  So I wanted an upgrade.

-  I saw Lowery lead Loyola Marymount to a win over Pacific with a three-pointer at the buzzer.

    
       
-  Delgado as a catcher.  I'm kind of half-heartedly getting cards of guys before they changed positions.

-  Rhodes hit 55 HRs in NPB in 2001, which is tied with Sadaharu Oh for the most in one season.  I'm doing a binder page of Americans who played in Japan.  
  


14 comments:

  1. Good fun stuff. I have a number of those, I think I like the Fritz Peterson best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol the wife snappers.

    I think there are probably a lot more Americans that played in Japan than I realize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the '67 Howard card, as well as the '61 Vic Power.

    Good Job. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of a "first position" collection like that Delgado. It still weirds me out to see him as a catcher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently they tried him at LF too.

      Craig Biggio's an easy one to get because he was playing catcher during the overproduction era.

      Delete
  5. I remember reading about Kekich and Peterson in Cardboard Gods and totally wanting to find cards of those two guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cardbarrel has several of each of them if you're still interested.

      Delete
  6. I've always liked that Fritz Peterson. Not really sure why, just have always found it to be a neat card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little bit different, with the pitch aftermath instead of a pre-pitch shot.

      Delete
  7. Frank Malzone was very underrated. He won the first three Gold Gloves at Third Base before Brooks Robinson's unparalleled run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Orioles had Brooks Robinson, Mark Belanger, and Paul Blair at the same time. A little bit of defense.

      Delete