Saturday, April 16, 2022

Cheating

 


So I bought a 2022 Topps Opening Day hobby box from my dealer, thinking the base set was the same size as the flagship.  But it's a lot smaller.  A couple TCDB trades later and I had completed it.  

-  The first and last cards of the base set.


-  Bomb Squad inserts are 1 every 3 packs.  I have 14 of 25 now. 


-  Mascot inserts are 1 every 3 packs.  I now have 11.  










-  Opening Day inserts are 1 every 5 packs.  They're all ho cards. 


-  Triple Play inserts are 1 every 8 packs.  Ho cards.  


7 comments:

  1. Like the Mascot cards as well as the team cards, especially the Tigers from last year's snow opener.

    Good Job. 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The inserts I got weren't very Tigers friendly. I did better with them when I bought a couple tins of 2021 Topps, almost a year late.

      Delete
  2. Seems like they cut back on the Opening Day inserts this year. The Triple Play inserts are nice and Mascots are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, mascots are fun. I'd rank them second of the four insert sets, behind the Bomb Squad.

      Delete
  3. I really like this product (opened 3 blasters)... and have several dupes. Waiting on sumomenkoman's want list. After he put in his insert set needs... I can help you out (assuming you're going to build the insert sets).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No.

      Opening Day and Triple Play are ho cards. So I'd rather dump them on somebody else.

      I might want more Bomb Squad inserts, but I'm not actively pursuing them.

      I already have the Phanatic and the Friar from other sets, so I don't really need more (and I don't think the Phanatic is in this set anyway). I don't really care about the other mascots.

      Delete
  4. My son got an Opening Day Blaster in his Easter basket and had a great time opening it. He's currently putting it in a binder.

    Also - I got the two PWEs you sent. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete