Monday, September 14, 2020

Cardbarrel Order

 











Larisa Fraser, because Braun isn't a lady-like name. 

Anyway...

37 cards, with 19 getting their own post tomorrow.  Let's ogle the highlights of the other 18.

1967 Topps #325 Chico Cardenas Front  2010 Topps #354 Evan Longoria Front

2011 Topps #335 Buster Posey  Front  2018 Topps #170 Christian Yelich Front

-  Four more cards for my Topps Through the Years project.  

-  1967 Cardenas:  Five-time All-Star, Gold Glove in 1965.

-  2010 Longoria:  Three-time All-Star, three Gold Gloves.

-  2011 Posey:  Six-time All-Star, Gold Glove in 2016, NL MVP in 2012. 

-  2018 Yelich: Two-time All-Star, Gold Glove in 2014, NL MVP in 2018. 

   1979 Topps #200 Johnny Bench Front

-  Three additions to my Base Stealers collection.  This '72 Topps Aparicio, a Bert Campaneris, and a Joe Morgan.  

-  Two notables that don't really fit a theme: this '79 Topps Bench and a Brooks Robinson.  

1989 Upper Deck #406 Mike Schmidt Front   1989 Upper Deck #384 Tony Gwynn Front

-  Nine for my 1989 Upper Deck stash.

-  "Yes, Julie, the Cubs are my bitch."

-  Chris Gwynn's brother.  


6 comments:

  1. The vintage and vintage-ish cards are really clean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. You should know by now that I use TCDB for my images.

      The vintage ones are all Excellent / Near Mint.

      The newer ones are Near Mint I guess. Maybe Mintish.

      Delete
  2. Man... I sure love me cardboard featuring Chris Gwynn's brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course.

      I figured people have seen the San Diego State basketball references enough times. Trying to mix it up a bit.

      Delete
  3. Who knew that Chris Gwynn's brother played baseball?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fine.

      Tony Gwynn is San Diego State basketball's all-time assists leader.

      Delete