Saturday, October 16, 2021

A Couple Trades

 


First, a TCDB trade with Joe.  I sent him 18 baseball cards and received 6 that fit my collection better.  

 






 















-  Carew as a Twin.

-  Juicer covering his face in shame.

-  The back of a Cal Jr card with a streak reference. 

-  The back of a Cutch card.  "Little girls weep".  LOL  

-  David Wright and Jose Bautista were the other two.  

-  All 6 filled team page slots.  


Then I traded a few cards to my dealer for store credit, which turned into these:













-  Fake auto card.  But it's a 1959 card of a player who had 8 All-Star seasons.

-  A Hall of Famer, but the cheapest of the 3 cards.

-  So now I have Ryan as a Ranger, Astro, and Angel, but not Met.  

-  All 3 are now in team pages.  


4 comments:

  1. That's cool you can trade cards in for site credit at your LCS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't do it often. But I had some rookie football cards I didn't want because they're in shorts: J.J. Watt and Aaron Donald and a couple others. There was a Darius Slayton relic card too.

      Delete
  2. That Cutch card wasn't issued that long ago, and yet I'm willing to bet that Topps couldn't put such a statement on the back of a card today, or at least not without an uproar on the Twitter.

    ReplyDelete