Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Three Boxes from Home

 


Okay. So the three boxes my mother brought down.  Mostly OPE because that's when I was collecting.  

BOX ONE

1989 Star Baseball

This was a prospects set, so most of the cards are of minor leaguers.  In fact, all the cards in this batch are minor leaguers.  Not sure if I never got any major leaguers or if I put them in a different box.  Anyway, it seems to be the first year of this product and the collation is worse than horrible.  Dupes out the wazoo.  So if you want some from this set, you can have 'em for cheap.  Looks like a 200-card set, and I have 54 of them.                  


BOX TWO

Mixed: football, baseball, basketball, hockey.





BOX THREE

Hockey


5 comments:

  1. Do any of these cards/sets give you the warm fuzzies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm too old and cynical for warm fuzzies.

      Though I got a lot of cards worth keeping around, even if the haul lacked a stand-out WOW card. And since I bought them decades ago, it's like getting cards for free. :)

      Delete
  2. I remember when those Star prospect cards were a big deal. Haven't seen them in years-these brought back memories for sure.

    Avery, Bagwell, and Chocolate Thunder are my favorites here. Nystrom is a nice one, too. I might try to put together the '83-84 OPC set one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were 6 or so of the '83-'84 OPC hockey. No idea where they came from. They're not Flyers or Sharks and that was several years before I started collecting hockey.

      Delete
  3. I've been looking through a lot of Frank Thomas cards as of late, and have come to the conclusion that the '91 Topps really is one of his better offerings.

    ReplyDelete