Monday, May 25, 2020

Card Collecting 14: Favorite Football Cards

This is another post suggested by Tim, from Cardpocalypse.  Favorite football cards in my collection:

 1971 Topps #1 John Unitas Front   1970 Topps #30 Bart Starr Front 

1970 Topps #59 Alan Page Front   1964 Philadelphia #136 Pete Retzlaff Front 

Two members of the Holy Trinity.  Page's rookie card.  A 1964 Retzlaff - the oldest card I own of a notable player. 

  1999 SP Signature - Autographs #OZ Ozzie Newsome Front      2007 Donruss Classics - Significant Signatures Gold #131 John Mackey Front 

Autographed post-retirement cards of Hall of Famers.

I also own an autographed Miles Sanders SN10 and an Emmitt Smith swatch card SN5, but they're Panini Black Friday so the pictures aren't up on TCDB.   




2 comments:

  1. Great choices! I'm partial to the Bart Starr but Unitas and Page are fantastic, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I guess I agree with you. Tough to talk about the history of the NFL without Starr and Unitas.

      Delete