Friday, April 23, 2021

Film Friday: Elliptical 100 (10)

 


Time to knock off another traditional genre.  













Based on Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, by Philip K. Dick.

Directed by Ridley Scott.

Released in 1982.

-  Rutger Hauer wasn't satisfied with the original "tears of rain" monologue, so he rewrote it himself.   

 











Based on a novel by Anthony Burgess.

Directed by Stanley Kubrick.

Released in 1971. 

-  David Prowse appears, without a mask.












Written and directed by Alex Garland.

Released in 2014.

-  Six-person cast.  












Written and directed by George Lucas.

Released in 1977.

-  Alec Guiness negotiated a deal for 2.25 % of Lucas's royalties.   


If I could save only one:  Star Wars

Last week's answer:  Blade Runner (Daryl Hannah and Sean Young)

This week's question:  Edward James Olmos is in Blade Runner.  Which other Elliptical 100 movie is he in? 


Leaderboard

Jon - 4

Brett Alan - 3


There are 16 weeks, but the last week has two points available.  So there are eight points left to obtain possibly. 


6 comments:

  1. Ex Machina was a really good film. Unfortunately, I did not enjoy the TV series from the director, Devs, which hit on some similar ideas.

    Choosing A New Hope over The Empire Strikes Back is a mistake, IMO.

    Boy, most of Olmos' memorable work was on TV. Ummm...I will guess I'm Still Here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. I'm aware that Empire is widely considered better. But I prefer the first one. Partly because it's the first one though. I'll probably talk about this more in my recap post.

      Delete
  2. Just watched Blade Runner a few weeks ago... and the new one as well. If I could only keep one from this list, I'd go with SW too. Although I like ESB more.

    The only Olmos movie that stands out to me right now is Stand and Deliver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the new one. I read the book though. They changed it plenty, so it's good that they re-named it.

      Delete
  3. I liked PKD's story more than I did the film. And the new one looked like poo, so I won't ever be watching that one.

    I know that it won't be, but it'd be pretty cool if your Olmos film was Wolfen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. He wrote some interesting stuff. I read a few of his consecutively a couple years ago.

      Delete