Thursday, April 22, 2021

The Collector Strikes Again


Let's see what I got from Chris the Collector in a blind trade.  














-  Future Hall of Fame QB.

-  500 goals scorer.

-  Hall of Famer and former Flyer.  Apparently he's on the coaching staff of a minor league team in New Jersey now.  :)   

-  After struggling with Toronto, Halladay pitched a perfect game and a post-season no-hitter with the Phillies.  

-  10 Gold Gloves, 3-time MVP, 1980 World Series MVP, and a few home runs. 

-  A special nickname variant of the 2020 MLB walks leader.  

*  Not pictured:  A Claude Giroux and a Jakub Voracek. 



10 comments:

  1. I like the look of those chasing history cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Can do a lot worse than up-close action shots.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the trade. I got the "Bam Bam" in a team break. Can't ever claim my team so I end up claiming teams that I can trade. I was running out of Philly cards anyhow ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like breaks, you should do a football one and get some Packers cards.

      Delete
  3. Think I like the Harper most here. Good stuff all around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. The nickname in place of the real name is a fun idea. Some good color coordination as well.

      Delete
  4. After seeing that Recchi card, I decided to look up his career stats and was blown away by his numbers and length of career. I remember him from his play in the 90's and early 2000's, but he ended up playing into the 2010's. What a solid career.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't help but wonder if anyone reading this post has actually seen that film or not? It's definitely not for everybody, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Not for everybody.
      Wyler passed on Sound of Music to direct it.

      Delete