Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Time Traveling

So I made another Time Travel trade with Matt.  A bit of a delay on my part, as I've already received mine and I finally got down to the post office yesterday morning to send his.  Had them ready to go but then they sat on the table near my door for several days.  Meh.

Anyway...



-  Niekro (5) and Alley (2) for my Gold Glove collection.  (Better balanced borders on the Alley card Matt sent me than the TCDB scan.)

-  Wehrli (NFL 1970s All-Decade team) for my Cardinals team page.




13 comments:

  1. Nice cards, I have been meaning to make a time travel trade with him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen some really good cards pass through the inventory.

      Delete
    2. I look forward to that trade whenever it happens!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I like that both the jersey writing and the cap logo are visible.

      Delete
    2. Not gonna lie - it hurt a little giving up that card (Such a great vintage card of a Hall of Famer). I'm happy it's found it's way to a good home!

      Delete
  3. Niekro looks so young. Every time I pulled a card of him when I was a kid, I'd think... dang this dude looks old. Probably should go back and start collecting some of his earlier cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. In the mid-'80s he looked old. But this was '68.

      Delete
  4. Matt seems to get quite a bit of good trade fodder through this series, it's just too bad that more of it doesn't apply to my collecting interests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure someday there will be something to your liking!

      Delete
    2. You can try submitting a request next time he updates. Then maybe somebody will send something in that you like.

      Delete
  5. Im old enough, at 61, to have seen each of these men play.

    Love the '68 Niekro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never reveal your age, John. The feds are always watching.

      Delete