Friday, October 23, 2020

Cardbarrel Order

Dinner at Derek Jeter's house.

So I got 42 cards this time.  One of my more organized batches, with each card being a 2017 Topps Fire retired player, a Cy Young Award winner, or a football player trying to play baseball.  

     

-  1969 for Lonborg.

-  Perry is 1979.  I keep toying with the idea of doing a Padres page, but the guys I want seem to fit other categories.   

-  Wilson is 2018.

-  Tebow is 2019.  I think he's the better prospect at this point.  


So that's that.  


8 comments:

  1. Clemente card is terrific. I'm all in on a good spaghetti dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a decent source of folate and iron.

      Distance runners like it the night before a race for the carbs.

      Not all kitchens are equal though.

      Delete
  2. Hot damn that's a nice one.

    I've got a Cardbarrel order on the way. Just shipped today.

    That '69 Lonborg is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's from 2016. She was Hannah Dsvis before she married him.

      Delete
  3. I have a pair of Colorado Rockies cards of Wilson. Didn't realize he had a Yankees card too. That's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was also in the Rangers' farm for a while. The Trenton Thunder (Yankees) have his contract now apparently.

      Delete
  4. A gal with a healthy appetite... She keeps at the carbs like that, her apron won't fit for long. Not sure if that's good or bad...??? Thank you for the Tuve, Mr. Man! Fun surprise!

    ReplyDelete