Friday, October 9, 2020

The Weekly Clean-Up


 










-  So the MLB playoffs are sucking.

-  I received some free cards from the Diamond King (Kevin):

Have you heard of any of these prospects?  :)

-  I bought a blaster box of 2020 A & G from my dealer.  Not sure how I feel about it.  A lot of non-baseball cards I don't like and I don't like the minis.  Kind of wish the non-baseball cards would be historical figures and modern female figures.  Mob bosses, swimsuit models, etc.  So yeah - I'll take a Boog Powell for a pig. And I'll throw in a combine. Ha.

 

-  Anyway, go check out the Protector of the Bosoms, Collecting Cutch.  Diora won't be happy if you don't.


http://collectingcutch.blogspot.com

http://thediamondking.blogspot.com

10 comments:

  1. Nice Munson you got there. Great insert design but the base cards..blah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty close to what I'm thinking. But I like ripping packs, so I'll probably buy another box and be disappointed again. Ha.

      Delete
  2. Nice Chrysler Building card I suppose, and yeah I like the Munson also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like that they went borderless for the tall buildings. It's my favorite of the non-baseball cards that I pulled.

      Delete
  3. Lots of star power in that Bowman lot.

    I do remember Diora Baird quite well. Can't remember what she was in though.. other than Maxim, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was in a few lesser-known movies. And she was in the pilot episode for a show about gun manufacturers. But it didn't get picked up, so it was just that one episode.

      Delete
  4. As far as those prospects go, it'd b more interesting to know if anyone's gonna remember them in say 20-25 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I received a box of A&G as a belated birthday present yesterday. I'm more excited about the idea of tearing into packs than the cards themselves. There are a few inserts I enjoy and I'm sure there are players I'll pull for my collection but overall... A&G has lost its appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I'm keeping about 18 of the 48, but that doesn't justify the cost.

      Delete