Friday, March 25, 2022

The Draft Lives of Others

So I missed the latest card draft because Diamond King's posts stopped showing up in my feed.  Then when I figured out what was wrong, it was over.  But I always have opinions.


I identified 15 cards that stood out from the rest.  Let's see where they went.


Round One

4 of the 15

Best Pick (Crocodile):  Ozzie Smith



Round Two

1 of the 15

Best Pick (Chris):  Skip Schumaker




Round Three

0 of the 15

Best Pick (Diamond King):  Bill Buckner




Round Four

1 of the 15

Best Pick (gcrl):  Takahito Nomura




Round Five

2 of the 15

Best Pick (Crocodile):  Kobe Bryant




Round Six

3 of the 15

Best Pick (Chris):  TraeYoung




Round Seven

2 of the 15

Best Pick (gcrl):  Steve Carlton




Round Eight

1 of the 15

Best Pick (Diamond King):  Derek Jeter




 









Round Nine

1 of the 15

Best Pick (Nick):  Jose Abreu












Crocodile and Chris each landed 4 of my top 15.

Best Value:  DK's Derek Jeter in Round Eight


(photography by Diamond King)

The Diamond King


8 comments:

  1. Its a fun way to circulate a few cards. I actually had to submit a list, and unfortunately missed it by minutes, but would certainly do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That 1983 Topps Carlton brings back memories. If I were part of the draft, I would have snagged it earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought gcrl and Laurens had a great draft, but I'm very happy with my picks. Thanks for the high draft grade :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could draft with Laurens. We clearly don't think alike at all. That doesn't mean he had a bad draft though.

      Delete
  4. It was fun trying to take this card draft seriously for a moment - Bryant and the Young might have been my picks if they were still on the board when I was picking.

    Happy to see where 7 of my 9 cards sent in were picked out.

    ReplyDelete