Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Incoming

 

So Chris (The Collector) sent me a stack of cards:  basketball, Phillies, and Eagles.

   

-  Clyde the Glide

-  An Italian David Robinson.  Il Admirali. 

-  Dr. J's first pro team.  

    

-  The primary catcher on the Phillies' 1980 title team.

-  A story about Mike Schmidt hitting a speaker and having to settle for a single.  

-  The starting first baseman on the Phillies' 2008 title team.  








 




-  One that got away.  Or was sent away, because Buddy didn't have the patience for his shenanigans.

-  Vick without the off-field stuff? 

-  My father went to Villanova.  A few years before Westbrook did. 


https://thepedestriancollector.blogspot.com




6 comments:

  1. Old Virginia Squires card. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ABA cards used to be in the same packs as NBA cards. For a couple years at least.

      Delete
  2. I thought that Schmidt card would interest you, even though he's not pictured. Randall was the man - I loved watching him play. The Freudian slip at the beginning was something, but that escape and TD strike to Giles was something else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a fun card.

      Cunningham had plenty of highlight plays. The punts were funny.

      Delete
  3. That was a pretty nice assortment, but of course I wouldn't expect to see anything less from Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved watching highlights of Randall Cunningham. This post reminded me that I picked up a set featuring him a few months back. I'll have to write about it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete