Friday, February 18, 2022

The Clean-Up


It's been a while since I've done one of these. 

-  Cards on Cards sponsored a College Bowl Pick 'Em contest and generously awarded prizes to the top three.  So, of course I finished fourth.  Definitely feel robbed, as I was on the wrong side of both the Music City Bowl b.s. and the Corral injury.  All my wins were 30-point blow-outs.    

Cards on Cards

-  Cooperstown added some people.  David Ortiz got in from the modern side and I would have voted against him.   Curt Schilling should be in, but media hacks don't like his political views. 

-  Canton added some people.  Seems like an underwhelming class to me.  Art McNally as a contributor or whatever and Richard Seymour are the guys I would have voted for.  I like Eagles legend Dick Vermeil, but one ring seems good not elite.  Tony Boselli was a stud, but he didn't play very long. 

-  With the mask mandate ending, I was hoping to make a trip to Target and a card shop.  But the mandate is still in place for another month on public transit.  :(

-  Been playing Wordle.  Getting the word in 4 or 5 guesses usually.  So, average I guess.  Not doing as well in Worldle.  But I'm American, so I'm supposed to suck at geography.  :)  

-  When I finish this roll of Scotch tape, I'll look for the blue kind if I remember it.  Apparently, it's the people's choice. 

-  Signed up for a card draft that Diamond King is sponsoring.  Hope the other drafters don't know about the recent price surge on ho cards and fake autos.  

The Diamond King

-  Was rooting for the Bengals in the Super Bowl.  Seemed a bit odd that the refs started calling a tighter game when the Rams were threatening for the game-winning score.  But I won a dollar because the guy from the deli gave me 4 1/2 points.  We bet big.  

-  I didn't watch the halftime show.  Dre, Snoop, and Eminem seem tremendously overrated and kind of sketchy too.  Blige is somebody I keep thinking about giving more of a listen to, but I never get around to it.  If it had been her and LL Cool J, I would have watched.  

-  Fuji and the Diamond King won my Super Bowl pool.  Their PWEs went out on Tuesday.  

-   Jessie Diggins and Lindsey Jacobellis.     #WinterOlympics  


14 comments:

  1. I tend to agree with your views of the Hall of Fame picks (both leagues). And blue tape all the way for putting on rigid holders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've been using the Scotch because the grocery store sells it. But I saw that people on the TCDB forum said they like the blue stuff and then Fuji posted about it. So I'll see if I can find it.

      Delete
  2. Mariano Rivera has the same political views as Curt Schilling, and he is the only person ever to be elected unanimously.

    He just doesn't go around calling for the deaths of those who disagree with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think he was being serious.

      Delete
    2. Well, thinking death threats are funny isn't exactly a good look, either. And he's said a lot of other bigoted and nasty things.

      Delete
    3. If you're calling out Kaepernick and LeBron, then fine. But Schilling's still being punished for stuff he said, when the Hall is supposed to be about baseball.

      Delete
  3. A. I was pretty happy that Leroy Butler got in. He was one of my favorite players in the 90's.

    B. Price surge on ho cards? What are "ho" cards?

    C. I was very excited about the Halftime Show. It was okay, but I feel like it could have been so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D. I received your PWE's. I'll write a post sometime soon.

      Delete
    2. A. He was a good player. Maybe I'm just a small Hall guy.
      B. Horizontal cards.
      C. Yeah, a lot of people liked it. They've all been really successful in the genre, so the selections make sense. I just don't like them. I didn't like Maroon 5 either.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's like a deli / convenience store combo. He's one of the cashiers. We do a lot of $5 bets.

      Delete
  5. Fourth place is still pretty good, especially since Kerry usually gets a lot of participants in his contests. And I keep hearing about this Wordle, but still have absolutely no idea what it is. I just can't keep up with all of the new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. - Happy Ortiz is in the baseball HOF, disappointed Steve Tasker continues to be overlooked for the football HOF.
    - Also have been playing Wordle - I have been getting most in 3 or 4 tries.
    - I bought a roll of blue tape a few years ago and still have plenty left. A worthy investment.
    - Here's one draft participant who now knows about the "ho's"!
    - Never into hip hop and rap so I wasn't as excited for the Half Time show as my wife was. It was OK...seemed short compared to previous halftime shows.

    ReplyDelete