Monday, July 11, 2022

Sparky Lyle: Elliptical Connections












-  Cards I have of Sparky:  that one.  It's in my Cy Young collection, as he won the award in 1977.


-  Sparky managed the Somerset Patriots.  

     Somerset was the name of the junior high school in my neighborhood when I was a youth. 

     The high school I attended senior year had Patriots as its sports team name.


-  Sparky played for the Phillies in 1981, and part of 1980 and 1982. 

     Big Phillies fan in my youth.  Might have mentioned this before.   


-  Let's look at some of his Phillies cards.


This post brought to you by Dan, from It's Like Having My Own Card Shop.

It's like having my own Card Shop: 1969 Heritage, I mean Topps, Sparky Lyle Rookie Card CONTEST (betterthanbeckett.blogspot.com)

4 comments:

  1. Every time I comment on that contest I become more and more convinced that someone other than Bo, you or me is going to win it... probably one of the guys that only commented once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That 78T Record Breaker card is attractive. I also like his 82T card.

    ReplyDelete