Monday, April 23, 2018

A to Z Challenge: T


Aired:  1977 - 1984 (eight seasons)
Vague Description:  Single man living with two single women in Santa Monica.
Starred:  John Ritter, Joyce DeWitt
Why Watch:  It's an amusing show that doesn't try too hard.
Honorable Mention:  Suzanne Somers (seasons 1 - 5)
Dissenting Opinion:  It wasn't quite as good after Somers left.
Fun Fact:  Ritter is the only actor to appear in every episode.  DeWitt missed one.





Aired:  2008 - 2014 (seven seasons)
Vague Description:  Vampires are out and proud in Louisiana.
Starred:  Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer
Why Watch:  It's a vampire show for adults.
Honorable Mention:  Deborah Ann Woll
Note:  Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries, a series of novels by Charlaine Harris.




Aired:  1959 - 1964 (five seasons)
Vague Description:  Sci-fi / fantasy / horror anthology series.
Hosted By:  Rod Serling, the show's creator
Why Watch:  Its uniqueness and ability to convey a message while entertaining.


2 comments:

  1. I used to watch 3’s Company all the time but now it seems quite lame. I didn’t watch True Blood but love, love loved be The Twilight Zone! I will add Trapper John MD which I did watch back in the day. tic, Tac Dough with Wink Martindale..one of my dad’s favourites that was on just before the Muppet Show...one of my dad’s favs. TJ Hooker..ughh, with William Shatner which was a bit dated then so I’d like to see it again. Oh yes...To Tell The Truth...always wanted to see what gown Kitty Carlisle would show up in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen Trapper John, but I've heard good things. Never seen TJ Hooker either, but it's another famous show.

      Delete