Thursday, April 5, 2018

A to Z Challenge: E


Aired:  1977 - 1981 (five seasons)
Vague Description:  A Sacramento family that includes eight offspring.
Starred:  Dick Van Patten, Willie Aames.
Why Watch:  The realism, the humanness. 
Fun Fact: Based on the real life family of newspaper columnist Thomas Braden.


Aired:  1996 - 2005 (nine seasons)
Vague Description:  A sportswriter and his family live across the street from his parents.
Starred:  Ray Romano, Patricia Heaton.
Why Watch:  Mother-in-law vs. daughter-in-law, husband vs. wife, Heaton.


6 comments:

  1. I have a few memories of Eight is Enough, but they are not very vivid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only remember a few stories: Tommy's guitar audition, Mary running for office, the party when the mortgage was paid off, Abby's failed attempt at a book.

      Delete
    2. You have more than I do. I just have memories of several of the characters, but nothing about what they did on the show.

      Delete
  2. I'm a lot like Ericka, I kinda remember Eight is Enough. I still watch Everyone Loves Raymond while I'm trying to fall asleep at night. Great picks for the letter E.

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I'm trying to not go too far back, but sometimes the letters don't cooperate.

      Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I always watched Eight is Enough and remembered Diana Hyland as the mom but the actress died and they had to bring in someone else...Betty Buckley.

    ReplyDelete