Saturday, April 7, 2018

A to Z Challenge: G


Aired:  1965 - 1970 (five seasons)
Vague Description:  Satire of the secret agent genre.
Starred:  Don Adams, Barbara Feldon, Edward Platt
Why Watch:  The goofy style of comedy, Feldon.


Aired:  1964 - 1967 (three seasons)
Vague Description:  Survivors of a boatwreck are stranded on an island.
Starred:  Bob Denver, Tina Louise, Dawn Wells
Why Watch:  To see if they get off the island or not.
Discuss:  Did I list Louise before Wells because of alphabetical order or because I prefer Ginger to Mary Anne?


Aired:  2000 - 2007 (eight seasons)
Vague Description:  Single mother and her daughter in a small Connecticut town.
Starred:  Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel
Why Watch:  The witty banter, Graham, the 'no cell phone' policy at the local cafe.
Dissenting Opinion:  Rory (the daughter) was a bit annoying.

6 comments:

  1. I miss Get Smart. The movie wasn't half bad either. And when is Gilligan's Island going to come to Netflix?! Great post and shows! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. It was airing on TV Land a couple years ago, but I'm not sure if it still is.

      Delete
  2. Get Smart was so much fun and I love Gilligan’s Island with the professor who could create so many things except a way to get off the island. I think the cast would have loved to have left Tina Louise on the island.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha. She was high maintenance, but sometimes a man gets lonely.

      Delete
  3. Oh, Gilligan's Island! Now that's a show I know and know well! When I was a kid, I rode the bus to my grandmother's house after school. Once the soap opera Another World went off at 3:00, I would watch old 60s and 70s shows on TBS. Gilligan's Island was one of them. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete