So on Monday I started a new hockey box: 1998-1999 Topps. Not as nice as 1990-1991 Upper Deck, but a bit cheaper. I got 7 packs so let's peruse the highlights.
- Goalie mask greatness.
- Star player / wrong team. (Vancouver. LOL)
- Messier's caddie with the Oilers.
- Cheechoo rookie card, as a Belleville Bull.
- One thing that seems to be better in this set is the quality of inserts. All 3 of these are shiny, which doesn't really show up on the screen.
- I pulled the Jaromir Jagr and Patrick Roy base cards, but they're both ho cards. So into the trade box they went.
- Apparently the 8th was Topps National Baseball Card Day. So he gave me a pack even though I missed it. There's another one on the 15th.
- Looks like it's a 30-card base set with 5 cards in each pack. A few autographed inserts, but they're rare. Serial numbered.
- I also got Shohei Ohtani, Matt Chapman, and David Peralta.